5 Things You Need To Know About Indicted Clinton Ally, Jeffrey Thompson
Today DC Businessman Jeffrey Thompson was charged for breaking campaign finance rules in a conspiracy to help Mayor Vincent Gray. This is not Thompson’s first brush with campaign finance law. He has previously come under the feds scrutiny for his involvement in funding a scheme to aid Hillary Clinton’s 2008 campaign.
Here’s what you need to know about Jeffrey Thompson and his ties to Hillary Clinton.
1. Jeffrey Thompson is a long-time donor to Hillary and Bill Clinton. He’s given to every campaign of theirs since 1992. His direct contributions have exceeded $7,500
2. Jeffrey Thompson was named a “Hillraiser” – the top bundlers who gathered lots of contributions for Hillary Clinton’s 2008 campaign
3. Jeffrey Thompson was involved in a campaign finance scheme to funnel $600,000 off-the-books to Clinton allies in Texas ahead of the 2008 primary in order to fund a get-out-the-vote effort.
4. Minyon Moore, a top Clinton aide identified by Politico as “Hillary’s Political Eyes and Ears” ahead of the 2016 election was identified as the go-between in the 2008 campaign who connected Thompson to those executing the Texas grassroots effort on Clinton’s behalf.
5. When a judge asked the head of the Texas grassroots scheme Jeffrey Thompson funded if there was “some cooperation” between the official campaign and his operation he said “yes.”
12 months ago
Updated March 11, 2014